Hope you aren’t sick of hearing about our dollhouse yet! It’s basically the only thing I have motivation for these days. Forget the real house…this little one is wayyy more fun! And this is month two of our #DollhouseTherapy challenge. It has been so exciting to see everyone who has joined in with us for these mini makeovers! Today, my co-hosts Cassie, Emy, Anu and I are all sharing our plans for this month.
I had hoped to get the living room done in March, but it didn’t happen. I shared some of the original plans in this post, but today, I am sharing more details on how I hope to finally get this room done by the end of this month.
1. I’d like to make a small wood beaded chandelier for the room, similar to this life size one* from Wayfair.
2. I guess I am feeling pretty ambitious because I would also like to replicate a mid century style sofa similar to the Antwerp Sofa* from West Elm. Not sure how that will go, but I am going to give it my best shot!
3. I already made a couple of tiny “Kilim” inspired pillows with fabric that I purchased on Etsy.
4. And the coffee table is already done too, made with a coaster and some bamboo beads. Also a teeny tiny catalog and plant for some boho coffee table styling.
5. The shag rug was the first item that I made for the house. I keep meaning to share a tutorial and will try to as soon as I can.
6. For this room, I wanted to have wood floors and found this pine flooring at Hobby Lobby.
8. The living room will receive the same bamboo window treatments as the kitchen…only bigger since this room has the largest window. I am using a real bamboo shade that I purchased at Home Depot. It wasn’t expensive, thankfully, and since it’s broken, I figured I’d made good use of it!
9. I absolutely fell in love with the miniature Sunburst Mirror from our partners in this challenge, Miniatures.com. I had to have it for above the fireplace mantel.
10. The fireplace mantel was a charity sale find for only $4! It’s made of plaster and on the fragile side, so I trade it out for a plastic one when the kids want to play with the house.
11. And finally, the room will be filled with several diy plants and little accessories we have collected.
Can’t wait to share the room all done on the last Tuesday of this month. Make sure you come and join our link party then if you are working on your own dollhouse or miniature makeovers!
Click here to see them all.
Follow along with me!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner